Under general direction, the AHH-Conway Clinic Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day clinical operations of an assigned area with regard to patient care management, resource management, fiscal management, knowledge and adherence to TJC, federal and state regulations. Participates in direct care as needed, with the remaining time involving managerial tasks. Collaborates with other team leaders in sharing of staff and resources, as well as assists in the cross training of the staff. Assumes the leadership role in individual area of expertise and for projects as assigned. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Actively participates in administering patient care and management of related service.
- Coordinates the admission, discharge and transfer of patients in collaboration with other team leaders.
- Assists families and patients by teaching the skills and information necessary for successful post-discharge care, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Assures that patient equipment and supplies are available and in working order.
- Participates in performance improvement activities such as patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, and staff satisfaction performing surveys as necessary.
- Identifies and implements corrective actions as necessary. Monitors annual quality indicators for compliance to standards.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains personal responsibility for professional growth and development.
- Ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains universal precautions.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Assists in the overall operation of the hospital through active participation in projects aimed at achieving the hospitals mission and incorporates the values of the hospital in day-to-day activities.
- Assists in the selection of equipment, supplies and goods, for the running of the clinic, and caring for patients, with goals of quality and cost efficiency.
- Communicates with staff and physicians on administrative issues and follows-up to bring closure to such issues.
- Operates within budgetary parameters.
- Responsible for adequate numbers of staff on a daily basis.
- Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
- Conducts performance reviews of staff and assists in the development of staff in collaboration with the Director of Outreach Clinics.
- Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross training).
- Assists staff in problem-solving and work issues.
- Assists in recruiting and hiring competent staff.
- Responds to issues of harassment and discrimination per company policy. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of clinic operations and provides regular and as-needed reports to executive management.
- Coordinates schedules of and facilitates communication between physicians to ensure seamless coverage and continuity of care.
- Coordinates and communicates patient referrals to the cardiologists in a timely manner (i.e., daily and as needed).
- Coordinates and schedules cardiac procedures.
- Educates AHH employees regarding scheduling procedures and outpatient procedures at the clinic. Displays effective communication, relationship-building, organizational leadership, customer service, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Remains available to staff at all times for the continuity of patient care and the promptness of all services.
- Other assigned duties as directed by supervisor based on demonstrated competency
- Education: Graduate of an accredited registered nurse program required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. Current BLS and ACLS within 30 days of employment.
- Experience: Advanced skills in communication, organizational leadership and customer service required. Minimum of (3) years adult, acute care with cardiology/cardiovascular nursing required. Minimum of (3) years project management and/or relationship management experience required. Cath Lab experience required.